Franklin Evans has extensive experience of all aspects of common law civil litigation. His wide range of practice includes employment, personal injury and professional negligence (including clinical negligence) and Court of Protection work. He also has an interest in charities and property law and a special interest in religious liberty.
Franklin sits as a Deputy District Judge.
If you would like any further information regarding Franklin Evans’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
- Professional negligence
Franklin has been instructed in a wide range of professional negligence work including those involving clinical negligence. His expertise also extends to most aspects of commercial law, family ancillary relief, conveyancing, trusts, corporate and personal insolvency, employment, share and business sales, conflicts of interest and personal injury.
Franklin also advises and acts for public authorities in relation to Health and Safety criminal proceedings.
Franklin offers specialist advice and representation to employees, trade unions and employers in all areas of employment law and is regularly instructed in cases that include:
- Director’s duties and disputes including breach of confidence/fiduciary duties and company director disqualification proceedings.
- Drafting service agreements.
- All forms of discrimination claims.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal claims.
- Issues arising from the “TUPE” regulations.
- Claims arising from references.
- Personal injury
Franklin’s practice covers all aspects of personal injury work, including clinical negligence (claimant & defendant), industrial accidents and diseases, and injuries arising out of RTAs. He advises on all types of litigation, from county court to high value High Court claims arising out of catastrophic injuries.
Franklin’s property practice offers expertise in a wide range of property related issues that include:
- Declarations and orders under Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and all aspects of land law.
- Enforcement proceedings; interpleaders
- Boundary disputes
- Possession and forfeitures
- Court of Protection
Franklin is experienced in healthcare, medical and property law and also complex law cases where deprivation of liberty, human rights or financial abuse are involved.
Franklin’s experience in this area includes challenges by beneficiaries to testators’ dispositions of their estates whether by will or upon intestacy under the Inheritance Act.
- Notable cases
- Harris v Richard Lawson Autologistics Ltd.  EWCA Civ 442
- Timeplan Education Group Ltd v NUT  EWCA Civ 832
- Official Receiver v Dobson  2 BCLC 71
- Re Homes Assured Corporation plc  BCC 573
- Williams v Roffey Bros. & Nicholls Ltd.  1QB 1 (CA)
- R v L B of Tower Hamlets ex p Rouf (1991) 23 HLR 660 (CA)
- White v White  Fam 54 (CA)
- BA (Hons) Lancaster
- Professional memberships