Jonathan’s varied work has included commercial contract, personal injury, insolvency, landlord and tenant/housing with a particular interest in media and entertainment / intellectual property law. Jonathan undertakes a wide range of advocacy in both the High Court and the County Court and advisory work and accepts directions via Direct Public Access.
If you would like any further information regarding Jonathan Pennington Legh’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
- Property / Landlord & tenant / Housing
Jonathan’s practice covers possession actions for landlords and tenants in both the private and public sectors; disrepair actions; unlawful eviction; housing appeals; boundary disputes; neighbour nuisance cases and business tenancies.
Jonathan’s work in this area includes personal and corporate insolvency; applications to set aside statutory demands; to annul and rescind / review bankruptcy and winding-up orders.
- Personal injury
Jonathan does all aspects of personal injury work, including tripping and slipping; road traffic accidents; occupiers’ liability; accidents at work etc. Conditional Fee Agreements are accepted on a case by case basis.
- Intellectual Property
Jonathan’s practice includes Copyright, Trade Marks, Passing Off and Confidential Information.
- Additonal professional information
Jonathan’s practice also covers claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996; contractual disputes, including building disputes, professional negligence.
- Notable cases
- CHO & Anor v Master Legal Costs Services (2015)
- Harman v Burge  EWHC 2836 (IPEC) (29 July 2014)
- Gooch v Basildon DC & HM Customs & Excise CLMD  9 C.L. 240 – Application to rescind and/or annul bankruptcy orders
- Turnstem Ltd sub nom Harish Bhanderi v Customs & Excise Commissioners  EWHC 1765 (Ch) – Application to rescind a winding up order
- Customs & Excise Commissioners v Turnstem Ltd & Anor (2004) – Application for disclosure in the context of an application for summary judgment
- BA (Oxon) (Philosophy and Modern Languages (German))
- LLB (Queen Mary and Westfield College): (Commercial Law Prize; Ross Cranston Prize for outstanding academic achievement)