Second Junior Clerk
An opportunity has arisen to join our friendly support team of six clerks. This role will report to the Senior Clerk, through the First Junior clerk, and will have line management responsibility for the two most junior clerks. The ideal candidate will have been employed as a barristers’ clerk for a minimum of five years and have had experience of working in a family set. Desirable, although not essential, would be familiarity with the Family Assisted Fee scheme.
Specific duties include:
- Diary and case management using the LEX software system
- Dealing with direct public access enquiries
- Allocating work to Counsel
- Fee negotiation
- Supervising the two junior clerks
- Covering the work of the First Junior clerk in times of absence
- Liaising with and dealing efficiently with instructing solicitors
- Collating court listings and organising judicial sittings
- To be available as required for out of hours urgent applications
- Attending practice group meetings and marketing events
- Other duties as required
Candidate skills required:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Enthusiasm, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Polite, friendly and have a smart appearance
- Educated to a minimum of 2 A levels
In return, we offer:
- A salary in the region of £25,000 p.a. depending on experience.
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days p.a. (including bank holidays).
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Please apply with covering email and CV to the Senior Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Court Chambers is an equal opportunities employer.