Miles Croally is a civil practitioner with extensive experience in a wide range of civil litigation, in County Court, High Court (Queen’s Bench and Chancery Divisions) and Court of Appeal. Regularly instructed by Secretary of State for Transport (DVLA). Accredited mediator for mediation/ADR.
Miles is able to accept instructions directly from members of the public within his specialist practice areas.
If you would like more information about Miles’ practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Banking & finance
Miles’s practice includes complaints against banks, bills of exchange, securities and mortgage possession actions generally.
Company & commercial
Miles’s specialisms include all forms of commercial disputes, including sale of goods, partnerships, restitutionary claims, agency and pre-emptive actions. Also his practice covers a spects of personal and corporate insolvency, including directors’ disqualification proceedings. He also works on claims against insurers and insurance brokers.
General employment law for both employer and employee, including sex, race and disability discrimination, with particular expertise in TUPE. Drafting of contracts of employment, restrictive covenants etc.
Public law & local government
Miles is experienced in judicial review and County Court appeals under the Housing Act 1996.
Inheritance & probate
Miles’s work includes contentious inheritance and probate work, including challenging wills on grounds of undue influence, incapacity or lack of knowledge and approval. Drafting of will clauses.
Miles specialises in trusts and land law in general, including boundary disputes and mortgages.
Miles’s property practice also includes:
All property-based professional negligence claims, for claimant or defendant, especially solicitors’ and surveyors’ negligence claims.
All landlord and tenant actions , including succession under the Rent Acts, repairs and relief from forfeiture.
- Knowsley HT v White; Honeygan-Green v Islington LBC; Porter v Shepherds Bush HA  2 WLR 78
- Barrett v Barrett  2 EGLR 81 Ch D
- Bodh v Boudh  All ER (D) 384 CA
- Kahn v Dunlop Haywards (DHL) Ltd  All ER (D) QBD
- Alex Lawrie Factors Ltd v Morgan  CP Rep 2
- Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions v Holt  RTR 309
- Department of Transport v Caird Environmental Services Ltd  RTR 137
- Hyde Park Funding Ltd v Ioannou CLC 99/4382
- Lloyds Bank v Rogers (No 2)  3 EGLR 83
- Cooke v National Westminster Bank  2 FLR 783
- Ever v WT Partnership (1997) 94(1) LSG 23
- Lloyds Bank v Rogers (No 1) The Times 24th March 1997
- Barclays Bank v Thomson  4 All ER 816
- Cheltenham & Gloucester Building Society v Norgan  1 WLR 343
- R v London Borough of Islington, ex parte Aldabbagh (1994) 27 HLR 271
Recognised as a leading property junior in Legal 500
- Ranked Leading Junior – Legal 500 2013
- Ranked Leading Junior – Legal 500 2012
- Ranked Leading Junior – Legal 500 2011
- Ranked Leading Junior – Legal 500 2010
- BA (Hons)
- Dip Law
- Benefactors’ Law Scholar of Middle Temple
Miles is fluent in French.