Welcome to the latest edition of Field Court Chambers’ Housing Law Newsletter. For 2016 we have refreshed the format of our newsletter which we hope you’ll enjoy.
Last year proved to be a very busy year for housing practitioners, with four major Supreme Court decisions and radical changes to the section 21 Housing Act 1988 regime. We have devoted this edition of our newsletter to summarising those significant legal developments for our readers, including:
- Redefining ‘vulnerability’ – Hotak v Southwark LBC  UKSC 30
- The correct approach to assessing intentional homelessness – Haile v Waltham Forest LBC  UKSC 34
- Summary determinations of Equality Act 2010 defences – Akerman-Livingstone v Aster Communities Limited [2015[ UKSC 15
- Out of borough placements – Nzolameso v Westminster CC  UKSC 22
- Damages for disrepair where tenant is absent from property – Moorjani v Durban Estates Limited  EWCA Civ 1252
- Changes to the section 21 HA 1988 regime and tenancy deposits – Deregulation Act 2015
If you have any questions about matters in this newsletter you can contact any of the Housing Group through our clerks.
- Housing Law Newsletter (February 9, 2016)