Field Court Member Ruth Cabeza speaks at a CLT live webinar 4pm – 5.30 pm on 14 March on the topic of Care for a Child in Care - Care Planning and Fostering Service Regulations.
The seminar, important for all who advise and litigate in care proceedings, reviews the regulatory framework governing the approval of foster carers and the placement and care of children who are looked after by a local authority.
With detailed reference to the Care Planning Regs 2010 and Fostering Service Regs 2011 it addresses the:
- Placement of children with connected persons not approved as foster carers
- Placement of children with foster carers and the role of the care plan in that context
- The role of the IRO
- The approval of foster carers
- In relation to designation issues: when is a child 'looked after' under the new regulations?
- The interface between the regulations and section 38(6) applications