Julian Date is Head of the Family Group and specialises in all aspects of family law, including: care & other public law proceedings, adoption, residence & contact disputes and matrimonial finance. Julian has a particular interest in surrogacy. He is frequently instructed by numerous Local Authorities in public law proceedings. He also has extensive experience in representing parents and children through their Guardians. Financial Remedies and all types of private children law covered.
If you would like any further information regarding Julian Date’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Family: Notable cases
- IA (a Child)(Fact finding; Welfare; Single hearing; Experts reports), Re  EWHC 2499 (Fam) (07 August 2013)
- J v G  EWHC 1432 (Fam) (26 March 2013)
- Re Z (children) (2009) EWCA Civ 430
- Re C (Adoption: Religious Observance) (2002) 1 FLR 1119
- Re L (Care: Confidentiality) (1999) 1 FLR 165
- L v L (Payment of School Fees) (CA) (1997) 3 FCR 520
Additional professional information
- Part-time legal advisor for “The Sun” newspaper 1988-2010.
- Part-time legal advisor for “The Observer” newspaper 1990-2006.
- Occasional television, radio & stage appearances.
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Jules Thorn Scholarship, Middle Temple
- Oriel College, Oxford (Classics and Law(Exhibitioner)) 1983-1987
- Inns of Court School of Law
- Middle Temple Harmsworth entrance exhibition, Jules Thorne scholarship
- Member of Legal Services’ Commission Appeals Committee