Our barristers advise and represent clients in diverse commercial law-related litigation, arbitrations and mediations. Most of these cases involve international elements.
We have barristers who speak fluent French and Russian. Some are qualified as lawyers and have rights of audience in other jurisdictions eg New Zealand.
Clients say they value our pragmatic commercial solutions to their business problems (contentious and non-contentious).
As well as resolving disputes on behalf of clients, we can help you avoid litigation by advising on and drafting legal documents such as terms of partnership/LLP, share sale agreements, standard terms and conditions of business to reductions in capital.
Many of our barristers are also highly experienced mediators and also sit as arbitrators and adjudicators and act as expert witnesses.
Five of our group hold part-time paid judicial appointments.
We act for multinational companies, institutions, SMEs, partnerships, governments and individuals.
Our work covers:
- company/commercial – disputes from contractual claims for breach of directors’ duties to applications for urgent interim relief including freezing injunctions, commercial property maintenance disputes to settling matters relating to partnerships.
- media & entertainment/intellectual property – copyright, trade mark and design right issues, passing off, defamation and contempt of court cases
- insolvency – schemes of arrangement, winding up petitions, business restructuring, asset tracing and dissolution disputes
- professional negligence cases – bringing and defending claims against lawyers, medical professionals, auditors, accountants and financial advisers and surveyors, dealing with all aspects: limitation, liability, quantum and evidence.
- employment – claims concerning dismissal, discrimination, health & safety and whistleblowing
- consumer credit disputes from sale of goods, licensing agreements to credit hire.