Real property problems and disputes take many different forms whether they arise in the course of a transaction or in a dispute after a transaction has concluded. What they share is a need for careful analysis leading to creative, practical solutions. We advise and represent commercial and private owners, developers and agents involved in real estate transactions. Our clients include companies and high net worth individuals with multi-million pound real estate portfolios as well as individuals individuals in disputes with their neighbours, tenants and residents’ associations and.
Our expertise includes:
- land registration problems: including alteration and rectification of the register and indemnity claims
- adverse possession claims
- boundary disputes
- rights of way and easements
- the discharge and modification of restrictive covenants
- commercial and residential conveyancing transaction disputes
- development, overage, option, pre-emption and s. 106 agreements
- personal guarantees
- rights of common and enclosures and village greens.
Max Thorowgood who heads our property group also sits as a Deputy Judge of the First-tier Tribunal, Property Chamber, in Land Registration and Residential Property cases. Five of our other property law barristers also hold part-time paid judicial roles.