Our company/commercial barristers enjoy strong working relationships with solicitors. We act in numerous offshore cases and mediations involving cross-border issues and questions of jurisdiction.
Not only do our barristers have extensive experience, we also have business law barristers who speak fluent French and Russian. Some are also qualified to practise as lawyers and have rights of audience in other jurisdictions eg New Zealand.
If you would prefer to avoid litigation, many of our commercial law barristers are also qualified mediators so can support you with alternative dispute resolution.
Our clients range from multinational companies, governments and institutions, SMEs, partnerships and individuals.
We have particular expertise in:
- dealing with high value and complicated commercial chancery disputes.
- obtaining appropriate urgent interim relief, including freezing injunctions.
- directors’ duties and disqualification
- minority shareholder actions
- advice and drafting in non-contentious matters such as company meetings and resolutions, fiduciary duties, trusts, mortgages, loans, guarantees
- mediation and arbitration.