Our professional negligence barristers have particular expertise in advising and representing claimants and defendants, on all aspects of professional negligence cases, including limitation, liability, quantum and evidence.
We appear in first instance and appellate courts as well as in related arbitrations and mediations.
Much of our work emanates from our core areas of expertise: business, family, housing, property, public law & Court of Protection. Consequently we have in-depth knowledge of the relevant regulations, codes of conduct and professional standards.
Our barristers conduct some professional negligence cases on a conditional fee basis.
We are experienced at bringing and defending negligence claims against a range of professionals.
- Lawyers – including negligent handling of litigation (limitation, settlement, evidence etc) as well as negligent handling of conveyancing, trusts, insolvency, employment and matrimonial finance issues as well as share and business sales
- Auditors and accountants – arising from negligent share/ business valuations.
- Financial advisers – related to mis-selling and failure to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Surveyors – arising out of negligent property valuations.
- Medical professionals – all manner of clinical negligence claims.