Joanna started pupillage in September 2021. In her non-practising pupillage Joanna focused on public, family and employment law. She particularly enjoyed supporting her supervisors’ work on judicial review cases and for fact findings in the family courts.
Joanna accepts instructions in all of chambers’ practice areas.
Before pupillage, Joanna worked for various organisations in campaigning and advocacy. She led on communications and acted as a spokesperson for the Fawcett Society, including working with their partners in managing equal pay claim cases. She was also a member of the Senior Management Team for the Centre for Countering Digital Hate where she worked on responses to the Online Harms Bill.
While studying, she enjoyed working as a member of the advocacy committee where she ran moots for other students and oversaw competition teams. She also enjoyed mooting and writing for the student legal paper.
If you would like more information about Joanna’s practice, please contact her clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
- Bar Professional Training Course (University of Law) 2019-2020, Very Competent
- Graduate Diploma in Law (University of Law) 2017-208, Outstanding
- BA (hons) in History (Durham University) 2011-2014, 2.1
- University of Law Advocacy Award (2019)
- Lincoln’s Inn Lord Denning Scholarship (2018)
- University of Law Lord Blunkett Award (2017)