Our employment law barristers offer specialist advice and representation to employees and employers in all areas of employment law. Clients tell us they instruct us for our commercial, competitive and practical approach.
Many of our employment law barristers are qualified for direct public access – so can be instructed by individuals without going through a solicitor.
Within our team, we also have outstanding accredited mediators with experience across a wide range of employment-related disputes.
Nikolas Clarke is the head of our employment law group. He is a part-time fee-paid employment judge and deputy district judge.
We represent individuals, businesses, charities, and public sector employers.
Our work covers:
- Unfair dismissal, including constructive dismissal claims
- Discrimination claims (age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation), harassment and victimisation.
- Whistleblowing claims
- Redundancies, TUPE transfers, working time, holiday and sickness claims
- Health and safety, including Covid-19, claims
- Jurisdictional issues, including employee/worker status, territoriality, limitation, etc.
- Post-employment issues, such as advising on settlement agreements and restraint of trade claims/injunctive proceedings, enforcement.