Jonathan’s work focuses on various aspects of property law, including boundary disputes and adverse possession, service charge disputes, Land Registration issues, landlord and tenant (residential and commercial) and housing. He specialises in commercial contract and buildings disputes, insolvency, media and entertainment/ intellectual property law, as well as DVLA licence appeals. He undertakes a wide range of advocacy in both the High Court, the county court and the Property Tribunal.
Jonathan is qualified to act directly for members of the public (Direct Public Access).
If you would like any further information regarding Jonathan Pennington Legh’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Jonathan specialises in:
– Boundary disputes and adverse possession;
– Rights of way;
– Land Registration issues, including rectification of the Register;
– Claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
- Landlord & tenant / Housing
Jonathan’s practice covers residential and commercial landlord and tenant, including:
- Business tenancy renewals;
- Service charge disputes;
- Possession actions for landlords and tenants in both the private and public sectors;
- Anti-social behaviour;
- Unlawful eviction;
- Housing appeals;
- Tenancy fraud.
Jonathan’s work in this area includes personal and corporate insolvency; applications to set aside statutory demands; to annul and rescind / review bankruptcy and winding-up orders.
- Intellectual Property
Jonathan’s practice includes Copyright, Trade Marks, Passing Off and Confidential Information.
- Commercial contract disputes;
- Building / construction disputes.
- Notable cases
- CHO & Anor v Master Legal Costs Services (2015)
- Gooch v Basildon DC & HM Customs & Excise CLMD  9 C.L. 240 – Application to rescind and/or annul bankruptcy orders
- BA (Oxon) (Philosophy and Modern Languages (German))
- LLB (Queen Mary and Westfield College): (Commercial Law Prize; Ross Cranston Prize for outstanding academic achievement)
- Professional memberships
- Property Bar Association
- Privacy Notice