Ryan Anderson has a mixed practice in employment, civil, housing and family law.
In his employment law practice, he represents businesses and individuals. He also spent two years as a specialist Employment Tribunal advocate representing companies, before joining chambers.
Ryan is regularly instructed in housing and property law matters. He advises and represents local authorities, private landlords, tenants and other individuals in contentious and non-contentious matters.
His civil law expertise has included representing the successful parties at County Court trials/disposal hearings in matters ranging from small claims level to multi-track proceedings, as well as appearing in the High Court.
Previously, Ryan worked as a High Court Judicial Assistant as well as marshalling for judges in the Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal Civil Division.
If you would like more information about Ryan’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Ryan’s employment law expertise includes claims concerning:
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal (including redundancy)
- Health and safety matters (including in relation to Covid-19)
- Wages claims
- Employment/worker status
- Contractual matters including restrictive covenants
- Procedural matters such as strike out, amendments, limitation issues, specific disclosure, costs, reconsideration and restricted reporting orders.
Housing and property
Ryan’s housing and property experience includes advice and representation in relation to the following:
- Order for sale applications
- TOLATA claims
- Possession and disrepair proceedings
- Tenancy agreements and licences
- Injunctions (including committals)
- Criminal courts proceedings relating to housing and property matters such as closure orders and applications under the Building Act 1984.
Ryan regularly advises on and represents clients in civil matters concerning such issues as:
- Breach of contract / negligence / breach of statutory duty
- Professional negligence
- Data protection
- Statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions
- Civil harassment
- Procedural matters such as strike out and relief from sanctions, default and summary judgment, limitation issues, costs,
Ryan regularly deals with private law applications including contested interim child arrangements (including location), prohibited steps orders, non-molestation injunctions, and multi-day final hearings.
Bar Professional Training Course (part-time course) (Manchester Law School) (2015-2017) (Very Competent)
LLB Law (University of Liverpool) (2010-2013) (First Class Honours)
- Dean’s Unit Prize for the top mark in Cross-Examination Advocacy (BPTC) (2017)
- Dean’s Unit Prize for the top mark in Criminal Litigation (BPTC) (2017)
- Inner Temple major Exhibition Award (2016)
- Inner Temple Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award (2016)
- Manchester Law School Scholarship Award (2015)
- Employer Lawyers’ Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Social Housing Law Association
- Family Law Bar Association