Welcome to the latest issue of our regular Housing Law E-bulletin.
There have been a number of significant cases in housing law this quarter. We think the highlights include:
- Makisi & Others v Birmingham CC  EWCA Civ 355 – the right to an oral hearing under Regulation 8(2) of the Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Review Procedure) Regulations 1999;
- Aktar v Birmingham CC  EWCA Civ 383 – no duty upon local authorities to give reasons for offers of accommodation under s.193(2) HA 1996 or favourable review decisions;
- Sharif v Camden LBC  EWCA Civ 463 – an offer of accommodation comprising two flats on the same floor did not satisfy the requirements of s. 176 HA 1996;
- Beedles v Guinness Northern Counties, Equality and Human Rights Commission (Intervener)  EWCA Civ 442 – the meaning of the word ‘enjoy’ in s.24C Disability Discrimination Act 1995;
- Housing e-bulletin (May 1, 2011)