Welcome to the latest issue of our regular Housing Law E-bulletin. We are delighted to continue to receive feedback from you. Please do send us your comments. There have been a number of significant cases in housing law this quarter.
We think the highlights include:
- Manchester CC v Pinnock – a landmark decision in a demoted tenancy case from the Supreme Court. Is the door now really ajar for a consideration of proportionality in possession claims?
- Further consideration of s 193(5) HA 1996 by the Court of Appeal in Vilvarasa v Harrow LBC;
- The Court of Appeal deciding that s 49A of the DDA 1995 applies to local authorities’ functions of inquiry under s 182 & 202 HA 1996 in Pieretti v Enfield LBC;
- The long awaited decision on tenancy deposit schemes: Tiensia.
- Housing e-bulletin (November 23, 2010)