Hashim’s practice encompasses the full range of civil disputes with an emphasis on cases in the High Court involving commercial, contractual, company, general chancery, partnership, banking and financial services, professional negligence, employment, solicitors’ regulatory rules, insolvency, directors’ disqualification and guarantee matters.
If you would like any further information regarding Hashim Reza’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Insolvency: Notable cases
- Bhanderi v Customs & Excise  EWHC 1765 (Ch) – Lawrence Collins J-non payment of duty- rescission of winding up order.
- Celtech International Ltd v Dalkia Utilities Services plc  EWHC 193 (Ch) -David Richards J-disputed debt-restraining petition to wind up.
Property: Notable cases
- Courtney v Corp Ltd  EWCA Civ 518 -Court of Appeal – contract requirements-Section 2 LRMP Act 1989.
- National Westminster Bank Plc v Breeds  EWHC Ch 21– Lawrence Collins J-undue influence- “Barclays Bank v O’Brien” defence established where solicitor had advised.
Professional negligence: Notable cases
Commercial: Notable cases
- Michell v Munday Judgment 15 July 2009 (Disputed Shareholders Agreement). Hashim acted for the defendant.
- Bank of Scotland v (a) Makris (b) Sullivan Judgment 15th May 2009 (Guarantee Claim by Bank/undue influence).Hashim acted for the defendants.
- Mentmore International Ltd and others v Abbey Healthcare (Festival) Ltd and another  EWHC 2109 (Ch) The key issue for the court’s determination was whether the first defendant had a realistic prospect of de-fending the claimants’ complaint that it had failed to use its best endeavours to procure a release of the guarantors’ personal guarantees.
- Dalkia Utilities Services Plc v Celtech International  EWHC 63 (Comm) – Christopher Clarke J -energy services agreement -rectification -material breach-repudiation-penalty.
- Axa Insurance Group v Fidelis Insurance Group (and others)  All ER (D) 242 (Nov) -HH Judge Seymour QC-insurance intermediary – guarantee liability for non performance.
Procedural: Notable cases
- Turnstem Ltd v Banderi (and others) BLD 200504
- Raja v Van Hoogstraten (and others)  EWHC 2729 (Ch) – Peter Smith J- contempt of court -strike out-summary judgment.
- Choraria v Sethia EWCA Civ 24 -Court of Appeal -abuse of process-strike out for delay
- LLB (Hons) (Leicester)