Barry is a family law specialist. He deals with a range of cases concerning children in the public and private law jurisdictions. These include:
- care and supervision orders
- adoption orders
- secure accommodation orders
- child assessment orders & child arrangements orders
- parental responsibility orders
- contact activity orders
- prohibited steps specific issue orders, and
- financial remedies upon divorce or in respect of children.
He appears regularly in cases concerning the inherent jurisdiction of the High Court, cases with an international element and cases of serious harm, but also appears in all tiers of the Family Court.
Barry is a qualified Direct Access barrister and is able to accept instructions from members of the public within his specialist areas.
If you would like any more information about Barry’s practice, please contact his clerks or call +44 (0)20 7405 6114.
Barry has extensive experience of representing clients in cases involving:
- forced marriage and FGM
- death/killing of a parent and cases involving accidental death of a parent
- factitious illness
- parental alienation, and the underlying causes for this e.g. parents suffering from personality disorders
- unlawful removal from the jurisdiction/abduction
- serious vulnerability due to cognitive or mental impairment, including acting for suicidal clients and those at risk to themselves
- serious psychiatric disorders, including personality disorders
- serious physical and emotional harm to children.
Barry deals with claims under:
- Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Part III of the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984 Claims -financial provision following a foreign divorce
- Intervenor claims within divorce proceedings.
- Inns of Court of Inner Temple
- Institute of Professional Legal Studies, Queen’s University Belfast
- BA Cambridge Fitzwilliam College
Family Law Bar Association
- An Gaeilge – working proficiency
- French – working proficiency
- Italian – working proficiency