Private International Children Law Seminar
This seminar will qualify for 2 hours CDP and will be of particular interest to private client solicitors whose practice involves advising on the rights and remedies for Children in an International context regardless of which party they are advising.
Jurisdiction and enforcement in private international children law
- Establishing jurisdiction under Brussels II Revised
- Habitual residence
- Annex III Certificates
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign orders
The making of a ‘removal order’ under the Children Act 1989.
- Removal orders across jurisdictions
- Case law - Payne v Payne, K v K, Re: F, Re: AZ
- Role of Cafcass.
- Post-removal contact orders
Abduction - Resisting Return
- Over-view of the framework for Hague/non Hague abduction cases
- Consideration of defences under Article 13 in light of recent cases
CPD: 2 Hours
Cost: £35 +VAT