Field Court Chambers invites you to sit on a specially convened jury to try the Inheritance Act claims of an alleged co-habitee and an estranged child. Their claims are opposed by the trustees of the charity residual beneficiary. Featuring a full cast of Judge, Counsel, Dame Edith, Young Lord Patrick and Stanley the loyal goatherd and fromager. This mock trial will qualify for 2 hours of CPD and will allow time for questions.
Topics to be covered include:
- Is Dame Edith a generous spirited grieving common law wife or a Machiavellian con-artist?
- Were she and his Lordship living together as husband and wife?
- Was the East Wing of the house the same household?
- Do her stints in hospital and HMP Holloway bar her claim?
- Was his Lordship’s estranged son Peter the victim of parvenu snobbery?
- What is reasonable provision for working, property owning, adult issue?
- Should these claims rank above the charitable aims of caring for a loveable herd of goats?