Thousands of people live in buildings with cladding like that installed on Grenfell Tower. Now for building safety, and at huge cost, that cladding must now be removed.
In the first of 2 webinars discussing dangerous cladding, Jonathan Pennington Legh, Sarah Salmon and Alexander Campbell of the Field Court Housing Team consider the practical issues affecting property owners, managers and lawyers advising tenants and landlords and who is liable.
They will focus particularly on:
- tenant claims against landlords
- landlords seeking to recover money for cladding removal through service charges
- Right to Manage companies.
The second part of the webinar will be held on Tuesday 11 May.
Please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your first name and last name
- Your job title and organisation
Registered delegates will be sent login details in advance to join the webinar.
- Jonathan Pennington Legh focuses on various aspects of property law, including housing, service charge disputes, landlord and tenant (residential and commercial).
- Sarah Salmon is a specialist housing, property and local government barrister. She advises and represents in all areas of housing law. She has been the chair of the Social Housing Law Association since 2019. Sarah is experienced at dealing with proceedings relating to breach of covenant or condition, service charge disputes, leasehold enfranchisement, rent repayment orders and matters under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.
- Alexander Campbell is a skillful and experienced barrister whose practice primarily focuses on property and public law. He is well-liked by clients for his ability to bring clarity to complex cases.